Scope of Work:
CIPE seeks to contract a consultant to work closely with CIPE partners in Bangkok, Thailand to collaborate on private sector anti-corruption compliance and economic inclusion programs. The consultant will collaborate with program team staff based in Washington, DC and partner organization staff in Thailand. Moreover, the consultant will produce activity reports to document highlights of partner consultations and expansion. The consultancy will also include desk research on relevant data, insights, and analysis of the economic and political developments, as well as research on the relevant factors bearing on the recent developments including policies, laws, regulations, and implementation thereof.
The consultant will:
· Represent CIPE in meetings and networking with local business associations, chambers of commerce, and civil society organizations in and outside of Bangkok
· Contribute to specific planning and engagement lines of work to bolster the Thai Private Sector Collective Action Against Corruption Coalition (CAC)
· Gather information for CIPE’s Thailand program, particularly on economic developments
· Conduct research on relevant economic and political issues in Thailand
· Attend select online events and produce reports for CIPE’s Asia team
· Assist CIPE staff with linguistic needs, including translating correspondence and program documents for CIPE projects
In accordance with the above, the specific deliverables expected of the consultant will be:
· Engagement plan and contact database for private-sector and civil society stakeholders
· Capacity development plan and materials for Thai partner organization(s)
· Financial sustainability study and planning for the Thai CAC
· Expansion plan to engage CAC certification with international certifying bodies
· Relevant experience in policy research, entrepreneurship, organizational capacity building, economic inclusion programming, and/or economic development in Thailand.
· Familiarity with private sector advocacy and civil society advocacy in Thailand.
· Demonstrated understanding of Thailand’s political and economic environment.
· Strong written communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
· Fluency in English and Thai required.
Immediate start; completion in January 31, 2021 with possibility of extension.
Interested parties should submit proposals to Program Officer Gibson Haynes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and earlier applications will be prioritized. Later applications may be considered based upon quality. Consultants should send a CV, a short narrative proposal, and a cost proposal breakdown.
About the Organization
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.