Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Tertiary Prevention Specialist position on an anticipated USAID funded program to reduce violence and irregular migration in Honduras.
Position Description/Summary: The position is full-time, resident in Honduras, and is contingent upon contract award. The Tertiary Prevention Specialist will engage diverse actors in Honduras (civil society, private sector, and government entities) to reach high-risk youth and their parents with tertiary prevention initiatives. Expected term of appointment is between three and five years.
* Design and implement tertiary prevention strategies, emphasizing at-risk youth and their families.
* Liaise with relevant government entities, local community stakeholders, civil society, and the private sector to strengthen capacity of institutions providing services to perpetrators and victims of violence.
* Conduct data analysis to ensure that all project interventions are evidenced-based.
* Master’s degree in social work, psychology, law, public or business administration, or a related field.
* 7+ years of experience implementing primary and secondary prevention strategies in support of at-risk youth, their parents and families, preferably in the Northern Triangle.
* Proven experience on tertiary prevention, with in-depth knowledge about effective psycho-social and trauma treatment approaches.
* Fluency in Spanish is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/TertiaryPreventionSEA
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.