About the role
We are looking for a Third Party Compliance Analyst to join a fast paced Legal, Ethics and Compliance team. The main focus of this role will be to manage ASI’s Third Party risks in relation to fraud, bribery and corruption, terrorism financing and modern slavery (“Third Party Screening”), as well as oversee compliance with ASI’s Procurement Policy and Manual. This role will also have the opportunity to support the Legal, Ethics and Compliance team in dealing with ad hoc legal and compliance projects.
The Third Party Due Diligence Manager will work closely will the following people/teams:
- Legal, Ethics & Compliance team (currently comprising Head of Legal and Compliance, Senior Counsel, Senior Ethics & Compliance Manager and a Contracts Administrator)
- Project teams worldwide
- Finance team
- Human Resources
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee compliance with the ASI Procurement Policy and Manual for all ASI entities
- Oversee compliance with the ASI Third Party Screening Policy for all ASI entities
- From time to time review and update the ASI Procurement Policy and Manual and the Third Party Screening Policy
- Provide training to all ASI corporate entities and programmes on the ASI Procurement Manual and process
- Provide training to all ASI corporate entities and programmes on conducting Third Party Screening
- Provide training to all ASI corporate entities and programmes on Supply Chain Management and any client-specific requirements
- Have ownership for the management of the ASI Third Party Screening Tool
- Assist the Business Growth team in providing bid responses related to Supply Chain Management
- Provide regular reporting on Third Party management to the Legal, Ethics & Compliance team, Executive Team and the Audit Committee, as required
- Undertake regular audits to ensure compliance with the ASI Procurement Manual and Third Party Screening Policy
- Support team members in processing contracts using the DocuSign software
- Support the Senior Ethics & Compliance Manager with ad hoc compliance projects
- Support the Legal, Ethics and Compliance team members with administrative support
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the company
Our project teams require the highest calibre people with strong attention to detail to support the smooth running of day to day contracting issues. People empowered to overcome challenges with a ‘can do’ attitude tempered with insight and pragmatism. Each team member is carefully selected, based not just on their technical ability, but on their proven experience. It is this combination that ensures we deliver real societal impact and measurable results beyond those anticipated.
You should have demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with people from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds and the ability to work effectively within a dynamic team environment. Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
- University degree or extensive relevant work experience
- A supply chain management or procurement qualification (e.g. APICS or CIPS) or commensurate experience gained through on the job training would be advantageous Some previous experience working in the legal field or in-house;
- Experience working for a consultancy or in a global compliance, contract management, procurement function in-house.
- Previous use of Third Party Screening tools such as Dow Jones, Thomson Reuters, WorldCheck and/or NAVEX
- Experience with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Trustworthy, reliable, contentious and accountable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Being confidential, professional and punctual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent oral and written English
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
We have built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and a short cover letter to http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/join-us/permanent-positions/ with a subject line of “Third Party Compliance Officer”. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for application is midnight July 31st 2018
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest
ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.