Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages MAHKOTA (Towards a Strong and Prosperous Indonesian Society). MAHKOTA is an Australian Government-funded program supporting Government of Indonesia (GoI) to improve its social protection system to reduce poverty and inequality. MAHKOTA operates as a flexible facility that responds to GoI priorities, provides top Indonesian and international expertise as well as allows GoI to attempt innovative policy reforms and initiatives. MAHKOTA supports GoI primarily through the Secretariat of the National Team for the Acceleration of Poverty Reduction (TNP2K). This includes technical assistance to line ministries and local governments implementing social protection programs.
In this role you will (including but not limited to):
- In collaboration with the TNP2K and MAHKOTA senior management teams, review program plans, existing operational systems and instruments and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and implement systems and instruments for effective, efficient and compliant operational coordination and alignment amongst TNP2K working groups and units, donors and the MAHKOTA team.
- Be the point of contact for TNP2K activity Quality Assurance processes in coordination with MAHKOTA. This includes, monitoring program implementation and coordination, as well as providing advice to improve effective implementation.
- In coordination with TNP2K and MAHKOTA senior management teams, track and analyse budgeting and expenditure rates of TNP2K working groups and units individually and as a whole make recommendations on budget allocations and adjustments throughout the financial year.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in development setting and development organization(s).
- Familiarity of working with government / similar semi-governmental organizations, preferably at the most senior circle (Presidential / VP).
- Experience in donor-funded programs, including knowledge of accountability requirements (audits, reporting, fraud/corruption safeguards)
- Proven record of strong professionalism, including, but not limited to: a). providing prompt and quality responses to queries; b). keeping confidentiality and being discreet at all times when dealing with sensitive information; c). operating ethically and in compliance with prevailing guidelines and regulations,
- Proven strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. Proven strong presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and take initative / proactive measures to anticipate future as well as to deal with immediate issues and risks in relevance to the main roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Strong track record of working across organisational boundaries and proven ability to work flexibly and effectively with various partners and clients, including donors, contractors and development partners.
- Proven track record in making priorities and manage time efficiently, as well as to manage uncertainty and adjust to a changing work program
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver outputs
- Fluency in written and oral Bahasa Indonesia and in English
Duration: 1 year.
The position is open to Indonesian nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Indonesia. A competitive salary package will be offered to the preferred candidate in line with local labour laws.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the ‘apply’ button below and attach an application letter and a current CV.
For any questions about the role, please contact recruitment.internationaldevelopment[@]cardno.com quoting “Job title – Mahkota – Operations Management & Inst Dev’t Advisor” in the email subject line.
5pm on 18 August 2018. Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.