EnCompass seeks Program Manager (PM) candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Technical, Operational, and Program Support (TOPS) institutional support contract.
TOPS will provide operational and programmatic services to the Center for Environment, Energy, and Infrastructure (EEI or “the Center”), the Environmental and Social Risk Management Office (ESRM) and the Agency Environmental Coordinator (AEC) located in the Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (USAID/DDI), and other operating units (OUs) in the design and implementation of environment, energy and infrastructure programs and support.
The PM is responsible for managing, administrative tracking and reporting requirements, facilitating, and ensuring that activities and tasks are carried out within reasonable requested timeframes and meet quality standards.
They shall be a senior level professional with experience in the management of contracts and expertise in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of long-term technical assistance (LTTA), short-term technical assistance (STTA) staff within the fields of environment, climate, and international development. Previous experience as a program manager with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other contractors, and international organizations and donors. A demonstrated track record of success in managing many people toward the achievement of shared goals.
The position will be full-time and be based in the Washington DC area with travel, as necessary.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact for the activity, providing vision, direction, leadership, and management for the contract.
- Provide technical, operational, and managerial oversight to all aspects of the Activity to ensure all activities, and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with USAID/DDI and USAID OUs, along with relevant in-country stakeholders; serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Oversee EEI internship program and interns
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the activity, ensuring quality and timeliness of all deliverables
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in contract and human resources management is required. Experience working in the environment sector and developing country context is highly desirable
- Experience working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project management
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Prior experience managing staff/teams
- Familiarity with USAID/EEI is preferred; local / regional candidates prioritized
- Former supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to travel, as necessary
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.