Project title: Sustainable Business for Uganda Platform (SB4Uganda-GreenUp)
The main objective of this action is to support Uganda’s business environment in making it more conducive to inclusive and green investments by supporting
- priority policy and regulatory reforms triggered by a vivid public-private dialogue,
- partnerships sealed as a consequence of Uganda-EU networking activities,
- business roadmap implemented to remove key impediments to private sector operations and
- increased and greener investments and jobs. The proposed contract will assist in the implementation of the EU-Uganda private-public sector platform and the roadmap actions.
The contractor assignment will focus on establishing a functional secretariat carrying out or supervising activities as follows:
- Support SB4U Platform stakeholders to strategically engage with domestic and EU private sector, EU and its Members States diplomatic missions and cooperation agencies, and the Government of Uganda on key constraints, opportunities, and responses for sustainable domestic and EU private investment
- Facilitate strengthening the business links, partnerships, and the market access for domestic and EU private sector
- Monitor and advance the implementation of the current and future “Uganda-EU Roadmap” activities to improve the investment climate.
Trade and Investment Adviser
Support the organisation of Trade and Investment events. Provide resourceful information on the European business environment and business opportunities, identifying commercial opportunities in the EU and Uganda market, disseminating information. Identify potential EU investors and promote opportunities in Uganda. Support the Organisation of EU-Uganda Trade and Investment missions. Initiate and assist trade promotion and investment activities helping the companies to participate in group events (exhibitions, seminars, conferences, business meetings), Identify, develop and maintain a network of EU Business contacts in companies and governmental offices, business links, leads, and maintain good relations . The European Investment/trade advisor will be a skilful coordinator able to provide information, guidance and support in all relevant fields that foreign investors are interested in: from selection of the right type of investment opportunity, legislation and cost for opening and running the business to real estate investment opportunities, reallocation conditions and procedures, funds raising opportunities and after care services.
Commencement date of the project: February 2021
Duration of the assignment: 24 months half time
• Intimate knowledge of the EU FDI and trade environment
• Experience in investment promotion in Europe and Uganda or similar Sub-Sahara African country
• Experience working with European Business Association would be a strong asset
• At least 10 years of professional experience in trade and investment promotion among these at least five years in developing countries or emerging markets.
• Ability to understand the political environment and build strong relationships with the government, national authorities, and institutions to achieve results.
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
• Knowledge of another European language is desirable.
• Experience with EU-funded projects is desirable.
• A Degree in business, economics, or another relevant field, preferably with a focus on trade.