IBI is currently accepting applications for a Trade Facilitation and Customs Reform Specialist for an upcoming 5-year project in Ghana. The expected scope of work for this activity includes working with the Government of Ghana (GOG) on improving value chains to expand market access for Ghanaian farmers and food processors, trade facilitation and customs reform, and SME development. The trade facilitation/customs reform component includes developing innovative ways to improve the flow of goods into and out of Ghana, reducing the time and cost of trade. The Trade Facilitation and Customs Reform Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of this component. This will involve providing technical support on trade policy and customs administration. The project will support improved risk management and other practices by Customs and other government agencies involved in imports and exports, especially of agricultural goods.
Employment Location: Accra, Ghana
- Plan, organize and supervise project activities related to streamlining trade and reducing the time and cost of importing and exporting goods.
- Coordinate technical support and engagements with Ghanaian government officials, business leaders, chambers of commerce, and the trade industry.
- Develop indicators for the trade facilitation component and support data gathering and analysis to track and report on progress towards objectives.
- Amend project objectives to reflect changing priorities.
- Supervise other long-term and short-term staff contributing to this component.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in supporting trade facilitation and/or customs reform initiatives.
- Must have thorough understanding of compliance requirements set by WTO, WCO, ECOWAS, OECD and other international trade agreements.
- University degree in economics, international relations, business or related field is preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of the local context and prior experience working with the Ghana Revenue Authority and/or other government agencies involved in trade facilitation is strongly preferred.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.