Tetra Tech is looking for a Training and Course Development Specialist, this is a senior position responsible for updating and enhancing IP3’s existing course portfolio, ensuring the high quality of course content and delivery, and assessing future and current training needs through market analysis and consultation with the IP3 training team, course participants and clients, and external subject matter experts. The goals and objectives of this position are highly integrated with the goals and objectives of the consulting arm of the business.
- Evaluate needs of clients and plan training programs accordingly
- Revise and update existing course materials such as training handbooks, demonstration models, presentations, computer tutorials, and reference projects
- Innovate and develop new course offerings, as well as customized products
- Collaborate with IP3 consultants to fully integrate training into the PPP project value chain and build solid cross-functional relationships
- Coordinate with instructors, facilitators, and event planners
- Develop ‘train the trainer’ classes so that participants can learn a subject and simultaneously learn how to teach others in their countries of origin
- Observe subject matter expert training and provide constructive feedback
- Develop evaluation tools for assessing course usefulness and quality–adjust training methods, delivery, and aids in accordance with review and evaluation results
- Provide inputs for brochures and marketing materials
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations
- Provide inputs for training budget
- Document adherence to the ASNI/IACET 1-2007 Standard addressing the design, development, administration, and evaluation of our training programs.
- Lead application process for reaccreditation with the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- Manage and coordinate Certification Programs
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets
- Assist with the development of strategic plans
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience developing in-class, on-line and blended learning training solutions
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation is a must
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the IACET or similar program accreditation requirements
- CPTM, CPLP or related certification preferred
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
The Institute of Public Private Partnerships (IP3), a Tetra Tech company, is seeking a Training and Course Development Specialist to be based in Arlington, VA. Since 1994, IP3 has provided expert training and consulting advice to both public and private sector clients on best practices in public private partnerships (PPP), project finance, and utility management and regulation.