Chemonics seeks a short-term training assistant based in Berlin, Germany for the Syria Sub-Granting Management (Injaz) Program, an ongoing early grade education and grants program in Syria. The training assistant will support the psychosocial support program officer in remotely organizing and delivering training sessions for local partners, participate in developing materials for training, and assist in reporting, monitoring, and evaluation. The training assistant will work on training activities across all Injaz subawards. The initial assignment period is six months with the possibility of extension. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Deliver remote training sessions on child protection principles, non-violent classroom management, and structured psychosocial support based on the Injaz-developed curriculum, to local partners’ staff, including trainers, and to formal educators as needed
- Maintain documentation for all completed training sessions, and draft progress reports for review by the psychosocial support program officer
- Assist in preparing monitoring and evaluation documentation, including drafting the weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, and in responding to the donor’s requests for information
- Provide constructive feedback on how to improve training materials and methods of delivery
- Conduct regular meetings with local partners’ trainers to follow their progress in delivering training sessions; identify any challenges, areas for further capacity development, or ways to improve Injaz materials
- Remotely attend training sessions conducted by local partners’ trainers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in training and remote training
- Knowledge of psychosocial support and child protection principles
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and work within a team to meet strict and tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- Excellent command of MS Office programs
- Excellent command of Arabic and English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to: RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com by March 21, 2018. No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.