The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA). The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, and facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives.
Dexis is seeking a Training Assistant to aid the MEL Support Activity. This position will be based in Nigeria and hiring for this position is contingent upon award.
- Assist with the training division to develop solid frameworks for trainings or seminars. The specific tasks include:
- Assist with communication with donor agencies and assist the development of frameworks for each training session/ seminar.
- Prepare and organize content for each training event.
- Communicate with training experts in finalizing the training materials.
- Provide various kinds of support for the events including organization and attendance and logistical assistance while the trainings/seminars are undergoing.
- Liaise with Nigerian officials, key party organizations and academics with project administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field preferred. Associates Degree with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in education or training required
- Proficiency in using advanced functions on standard computer applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet search engines is required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, teamwork, and time and portfolio management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, political work environment.
- Nigerian citizen preferred, experience working in West Africa required. Right to work in Nigeria required
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.