A Training/Capacity Building Expert is needed for a USAID-funded activity to train and help increase capacity across Ethiopian Ministry of Health to understand, apply, and integrate Electronic Health Information Systems, approaches and mechanisms and thereby contribute to achieving a greater development impact. The individual will be part of a team, reporting to the Chief of Party and play a major role in developing and delivering timely and quality services and deliverables (training, toolkits, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Professional and/or Organizational Development, Management, Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, International Development, Areas Studies, or related field.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience in adult training, organizational development, instructional design, facilitation, e-learning, and related areas.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Minimum of two years of overseas field experience working in one or more developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in global health information systems technology.
- Background/knowledge of any of the following will be a plus: human-centered design, adaptive management, innovation and technology, ICT for development.
About the Organization
QED Group is a global consulting company with 20 years of experience providing data-driven, insightful solutions for international development, defense and diplomacy. We never lose focus on how an organization uses its resources to make better decisions, improve performance, change behavior, and manage adaptively. Our long history designing and managing knowledge management and learning approaches for US Agency for International Development (USAID) makes us unique and helps us to approach development challenges from a different perspective.
The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved HIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration.