Resonance seeks a Training Specialist to oversee training for an anticipated task under the USAID Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) Learning and Development (LeaD) Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), for which Resonance is a holder. The purpose of the activity is to strengthen the capacity of USAID’s Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG Center) to exchange technical information and resources with internal and external audiences via training programs (in person and remotely) and other professional exchanges.
This is a full-time position with a period of performance of four years from the date of contract award, including a two-year base period and a two-year option period. The primary place of performance is the DRG Center in Washington, DC, with occasional overseas travel. The Training Specialist will report directly to the project’s Team Leader/Chief of Party.
The Training Specialist will be responsible for building the knowledge, skills and abilities of USAID staff and partners to build core competencies related to the work of the Bureau of Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). S/he will lead development of training strategy and be responsible overall for materials development and training delivery. S/he will contribute to the quality of programs and ensure results. S/he will apply state-of-the-art training methodologies for adult professional learners to create and lead trainings for USAID staff and stakeholders. This will include designing strategies for in-person, online or blended trainings, developing training materials, and supporting training deliveries.
- Advanced degree (minimum of a Master’s degree required) in international development, education, adult learning, organizational learning, knowledge management, communications, or another related sector
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in roles focused on training & learning, with significant experience working in international development, preferably on USAID projects
- Familiarity with USAID University and the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) methodology
- Familiarity with other various learning methodologies and cutting-edge technologies for adult training and learning
- Understanding and experience with USAID projects, regulations, and compliance requirements desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with DCHA preferred
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Training Specialist, DCHA GROW” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.