World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
Transformational Development (TD) is how World Vision responds to poverty and vulnerability in our programming, and works towards a vision of “life in all its fullness” for children. The elements of this essential organizational capability enable the sustained well-being of children, especially for the most vulnerable, in every context. As Transformational Development and Sustainability Advisor, you will provide global technical leadership to World Vision’s work on this essential element of World Vision’s identity. You will lead the work to equip all Partnership entities to understand and fulfil the 2017 WV Partnership Policy on TD and monitor implementation of the policy as part of realising WV’s partnership-wide strategy ‘Our Promise 2030’.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, community work or any related field.
- A proven record of collaborating with leaders in a cross-cultural setting.
- 5-7 years hands on experience working in a field directly related to community development in a cross cultural environment, (preferably holistic development from a Christian perspective).
- Strong cross-functional experience in international development and DM&E.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 06 FEB 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.