- Short Term Consultancy
- Remote working
Ascend Lot 1 is a UKAid-funded programme to support national NTD programmes attain disease control, mass drug administration and morbidity management targets across 11 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa plus Nepal and Bangladesh while building national systems and capacity. The programme ends in March 2022.
The Consultant will work with and report to the Lead Consultant. S/he will provide support for the planning, coordination, facilitation and implementation of a structured Transition planning process across 11 countries (12 territories, including Zanzibar) in collaboration with Ascend country leads and their teams.
Please note, this role is subject to the availability of funding.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
- 8+ years) experience in international development professional with mid or senior-level experience in development management and administration with sound knowledge of project management and organisational development. Demonstrable capability and track record as a mid-level consultant.
- Very strong organisational, facilitation, communications and coaching competencies. Strong track record in effective organisation and facilitation of workshops.
- Familiar with facilitation and diplomacy with senior government officials.
- Analytic mind-set, capable or organising and making sense of large amounts of information and organising this into clear and concise summary form, including good quality prose.
- Health sector and health systems experience desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience with transition and sustainability planning desirable but not essential.
- Able to undertake international travel up to one-week duration (subject to Covid restrictions and guidelines).
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘View Position Description’ link in the vacancy page to view full Job Description, Deliverables and Key requirements for this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 25 April 2021
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.