Position: TRANSITION, SUSTAINABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Advisor
Nationality: American National (AN) / Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan (with possibility of being based in Dubai, the United States, or other location approved by client)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: DCOT-A
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for TRANSITION, SUSTAINABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Advisor position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The Advisor, Transition, Sustainability, and Knowledge Management shall:
- Collaborate with JSSP staff and management to develop JSSP policy for knowledge management to support the sustainability and effective transition of project activities to GIRoA counterparts
- Collaborate with JSSP staff and management to develop an action plan to collect, store and transfer all knowledge to justice institutions and other counterpart institutions by the end of the program
- Develop a repository where all training materials, handbooks, procedures, policies, lessons-learned and other materials used throughout the program to enhance the capacity of the counterpart institutions are archived for transition and sustainability
- Educate the JSSP team on optimizing knowledge sharing and knowledge management internally as core internal capacity development and externally to counterpart institutions as part of overall JSSP transition and sustainability efforts
- Develop and maintain a coherent and integrated knowledge management and knowledge sharing service structure driven by counterpart institutions’ needs
- Conduct regular meetings with counterpart institutions at their place of business (as permitted by security protocols) to learn about each institution’s culture and structure to ensure relevant information is collected and prepared in a manner that will be useful for each institution when knowledge is transitioned
- Establish standard practices and tools for JSSP knowledge management and sustainability
- Identify and mentor leadership at counterpart institutions to adopt organizational and departmental level structures to successfully manage transition and sustainability related knowledge
- Identify the need for any resources necessary to effectuate transition and sustainability of knowledge at counterpart institutions
- Advise the JSSP team on Scope of Work and Work Plan objectives related to achieving transition, sustainability and knowledge management
- Active engagement of JSSP M&E Team to ensure that relevant CMS information and data are accurately reflected in project documents
- Contribute to all project reports, deliverables and success stories, as requested, that ensure the advancement of the sustainability of JSSP technical interventions and the transition to GIRoA counterpart ownership
- Provide a written quarterly update that can be shared with INL Kabul that describes the advancement of JSSP activities designed to ensure GIRoA counterpart ownership by the close date of JSSP; provide ongoing presentations to INL representatives and other relevant parties
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K and INL/AP
- Provide a Final Report to the Tetra Tech Home Office that fully describes JSSP’s efforts to transition ownership of all justice sector programming to GIRoA as reflected in the Tetra Tech contractual SOW; conduct a presentation to INL representatives other relevant parties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in knowledge management and/or development related area (Information, Communication, Law, Public Policy, Development Management, etc.)
- Five years’ overall relevant professional experience including knowledge management
- Experience in developing/managing knowledge management systems/programs
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, dry hooches, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.