Position: TRANSITION, SUSTAINABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Advisor
Nationality: American National (AN) / Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (with TDY to Kabul)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: DCOT-A
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for TRANSITION, SUSTAINABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Advisor position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The Advisor, Transition, Sustainability, and Knowledge Management shall:
- Collaborate with JSSP staff and management to develop JSSP policy for knowledge management to support the sustainability and effective transition of project activities to GIRoA counterparts
- Collaborate with JSSP staff and management to develop JSSP policy and an action plan to collect, store and transfer all knowledge to justice institutions and other counterpart institutions by the end of the program
- Develop a repository where all training materials, handbooks, procedures, policies, lessons-learned and other materials used throughout the program to enhance the capacity of the counterpart institutions are archived for transition and sustainability
- Educate the JSSP team on optimizing knowledge sharing and knowledge management internally and share externally to counterpart institutions as part of overall JSSP transition and sustainability efforts
- Develop and maintain a coherent and integrated knowledge management and knowledge sharing service structure driven by counterpart institutions’ needs
- Attend meetings with counterpart institutions to learn about each institution’s culture and structure to ensure relevant information is collected and prepared in a manner that will be useful for each institution when knowledge is transitioned
- Identify and mentor leadership at counterpart institutions to adopt organizational and departmental level structures to successfully manage transition and sustainability related knowledge
- Identify the need for resources to effectuate transition and sustainability of knowledge at counterpart institutions
- Advise the JSSP team on Scope of Work and Work Plan objectives related to achieving transition, sustainability and knowledge management
- Contribute to project reports, deliverables and success stories to ensure they reflect advancement towards the objective of sustainability and transition to GIRoA counterparts
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K and INL/AP
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area required; Master’s preferred
- 5 years’ overall relevant professional experience
- Experience in developing/managing knowledge management systems/programs
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners.
- Superior interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.