IESC is implementing a USDA Food for Progress funded project in Paraguay. The four year, $8.9 million USDA funded Trade-Facilitating Agricultural Systems and Technology in Paraguay, or T-FAST, will simplify, modernize, and harmonize processes for the export, import, and transit of agricultural goods in Paraguay through implementation of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA). The project will result in a 14 percent reduction in the cost of trade in agricultural goods, a 30 percent decrease in release time of agricultural goods, and improvements in predictability through transparency and automatization of processes—thereby reducing nontariff barriers to trade.
IESC is seeking a translator for advanced legal and technical translations from English to Spanish, and vice-versa as requested, for the purposes of facilitating T-FAST program work. These documents will largely fall under, but are not limited to, the following subject matters: operations and financial management documents, personnel documents, and legal documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing accurate and timely translation of technical and administrative documents from English into Spanish and from Spanish into English, as required;
- The translations must follow the page format as it is laid out in English to the extent possible (E.g. if something is bolded in English, keep the translation bolded. If there is a table, keep the translation in a table. If the translation changes the text on the page, the text boxes and figures should correspond to the appropriate text);
- Attending previously agreed upon meetings that are related to the services rendered; and,
- Handling confidential information appropriately.
- Education: Advance linguistic-related degree preferred but not mandatory;
- Ability to produce professional quality policy and regulatory legal document translations from English to Spanish and vice-versa is required;
- Translation experience in both the law and/or economic fields is preferable;
- At least five years of English-Spanish language translation and interpretation experience, preferably in a government or business office settings; and,
- Language Skills: Excellent/fluent written and spoken English and Spanish required.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Translation fees for:
- Official documents (with locally registered seal)
- Non-official documents
- Interpretation fees for:
- Simultaneous (not mandatory)
- 3 References
About the OrganizationThe International Executive Service Corps is a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization with a focus on private sector growth. We support and catalyze the development of private enterprises, business support organizations, financial institutions, and public institutions.
For nearly 50 years, IESC has been promoting stability and prosperity through private enterprise development. We design, implement, manage and evaluate economic growth programs under contracts and cooperative agreements with organizations like the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of State as well as for private companies and foreign governments. To ensure sustainable employment opportunities, generate increases in sales, and facilitate economic growth, we provide an array of services through each of our five practice areas:
- Trade and Enterprise
- ICT and Applied Technologies
- Financial Services
- Public Sector and Business Enabling Environment
Over the years, we’ve implemented more than 25,000 short-term projects and 200 programs in 130 countries.True to our mission— Promoting Prosperity and Stability through Private Enterprise — we’re proud to have created more than one million jobs all across the globe.