Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is recruiting a Translator to be based in Pristina, Kosovo to support the implementation of the USAID-funded administered Kosovo Energy Sustainability Activity (KESA) from April 2021 to February 2026. The goal of this activity is to improve Kosovo’s energy security by strengthening the capacity and sustainability of local institutions to advance electricity market development and regional integration, and to facilitate investments in energy infrastructure. In doing so, the activity will enable the energy sector to serve as a vehicle for the country’s economic growth and increase opportunities for economic participation among its citizens.
The Translator must be a resident in Kosovo with the ability to legally work in the country. The position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide interpretation (consecutive and/or simultaneous) for the project’s Chief of Party and other project staff as needed during meetings, training workshops and public events
- Translate a variety of written text such as correspondence, meeting notes, reports, government policies, laws from primarily Albanian and possibly Serbian languages into English with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved
- Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise, and finalize translated material prepared by the project team
- Research and consult with the project team on legal and technical phraseology relevant to the project and develop specialist knowledge in this area
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Linguistics and/or Translation and Interpretation
- 10 years of professional experience as a Translator, Interpreter, or similar role
- Experience with written verbal and simultaneous translating from Albanian and Serbian languages to English (and vice versa), using technical terms.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, both independently and as a team member interacting with staff members and client representatives at all levels
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- A high level of ethics, honesty, professionalism, diplomacy, ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to customer service
- Commitment to following rules, regulations and best practices associated with safety at or near electric power system facilities
- Must be able to provide consecutive translation
- Must be able to provide simultaneous translations
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Prior experience working with donor-funded international development projects
- Experience working in the energy sector in the Western Balkan region
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.