The transport and logistics (T&L) sector is pivotal to growing Georgia’s economy through increased opportunities. However, Georgia and its neighbor, Azerbaijan, experience significant trade transaction costs that impede the economic benefit of their geographic location and the potential to become an important link to regional transportation and logistics routes.
The Government of Georgia has long desired to develop the Caucasus Transit Corridor (CTC), offering the shortest route between Europe and Asia. CTC could serve as an alternative to other, often more difficult transit routes, mainly those through Russia, China and Iran. Georgia, with its liberalized economy, increasingly efficient customs and corruption-free environment has the potential to evolve into effective transportation corridor to and from the Black Sea for the region. Azerbaijan, due to the recent economic decline caused by oil price reduction, also began developing alternative sectors of its economy such as transport and logistics.
It is therefore, important to determine the competitive gaps of the CTC and develop recommendations for improvement and development. The competitiveness of the CTC will be determined through a combination of desk research, using available reports on trade, transit and transport; interviews with key T&L players in Georgia and Azerbaijan; and review of data sources including data of ports, revenue authorities, importers and exporters, etc.
G4G has selected the grantee to implement “Competitiveness Analysis of the Caucasus Transit Corridor” grant program. G4G plans to engage the subcontractor to perform oversight and quality assurance of the grant activities including supporting the grantee in finalizing findings and recommendations.
The Expert shall use his/her education, experience, knowledge of international best practices:
- Conduct desk research of available material related to CTC;
- Develop instructions for the grantee to conduct field work, identify priorities and key areas of interest;
- Guide the grantee to follow the agreed technical approach and methodology;
- Analyze developed interim report and discuss feedback with the grantee;
- Participate in T&L workshop organized in Tbilisi by the grantee;
- Participate in the consultations with key counterparts from the Georgian T&L sector;
- Assist the grantee in finalizing findings and recommendations based on research materials.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- At minimum a master’s degree from a recognized educational institution;
- Demonstrated substantive experience in the area of market research and T&L value chain analysis of no less than 5 years;
- Demonstrated substantive experience in the area of transport and logistics policy research and analysis;
- Experience with transport and logistics policy reform in South Caucasus and former Soviet economies in transition is preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication, supervision, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
Deloitte invites qualified candidates to apply. Please send electronic submissions of CV and cover letter by January 18, 2017 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to name the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and services are provided by its subsidiaries (the Deloitte U.S. Entities), including Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit, assurance and risk management related services, Deloitte Consulting LLP, which provides strategy, operations, technology, systems, outsourcing and human capital consulting services, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP.
Deloitte Consulting LLP (Deloitte Consulting) is one of the world’s leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology, and human resources planning. Deloitte Consulting provides services that are designed to bring together the unique experience, scale, and capabilities of their professionals to help clients in their efforts to address their most complex business problems.
The Emerging Market sector of Deloitte Consulting works with clients to implement economic reforms, support financial and private sector growth, and develop capacity.