Travel Administrative Assistant
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Travel Administrative Assistant supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). Reporting to the Travel Team Lead, the Travel Administrative Assistant supports the Office of Food For Peace (FFP) Travel team, assisting with various administrative tasks for office personnel.
- Support the Travel Team to ensure that all travel arrangements, documents and document processes are compliant for the client and corporate.
- Responsible for maintaining physical and virtual document filing systems.
- Assist other teams as needed.
- Providing support for travelers through acquiring visas, assisting with expenses.
- Maintaining personnel and travel tracking sheets.
- Maintaining the electronic document databases.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic US Government travel policy.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of E2 Solutions and Abacus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between E2 Solutions, Abacus, and Phoenix
- Ability to write memos, waivers, and other written communication clearly and with minimal grammatical mistakes.
- Establish a strong understanding of Deltek eTime and Reporting for corporate travel.
- Assists all corporate travelers with travel advances, travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Maintain awareness of any travel related policy changes, ADS changes and system enhancements.
Quality Of Work:
With limited supervision and minimal errors, employee will be able to:
- Submit basic Travel Authorizations (single destination with no memos/waivers) in E2 Solutions.
- Understand the voucher process in E2 and can assist clients with submitting vouchers in E2 solutions.
- Review and validate all vouchers submitted thru Deltek eTime.
- Assists all invitational travelers, travelers and consultants with navigating thru Deltek eTime.
- Submit Diplomatic and Official passports.
- Submit non-urgent visas for both the client and corporate.
- Understand the structure of FFP and DCHA.
- Understand the entire travel process for all corporate (MacFadden) travelers.
- Ability to communicate with the client and corporate travelers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
At least 2 years of office experience required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office 2011 (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About the Organization
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.