Travel Coordinator, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Travel Coordinator will be responsible for the handling all travel, transport, and lodging arrangements for the PERFORM office. S/he will directly report to the Operations Manager and work closely with other project team members and stakeholders to contribute to the success of PERFORM.
- Make necessary arrangements for the arrival and departure of local/international staff and consultants; respond to their requests for assistance and any other queries.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the PERFORM travelers for preparation and submission of field expense reports, and follow-up with them for timely processing and reimbursement of their claims.
- Prepare payment vouchers for hotels and travel agents for PERFORM staff lodging and travel charges.
- Coordinate with PERFORM’s Security Manager to ensure that security protocols are in place for all field travel and to document security clearance for all travel plans and requests.
- Manage all travel related activities for PERFOM teams in Pakistan, including lodging, ground transportation, and air-bookings.
- Track all local project reservations of hotels, flights, meetings, and events.
- Develop and maintain corporate relationships with travel agents, hotel operators, and caterers.
- Obtain quotes for travel and lodging services as required and track and update all relevant corporate rate agreements on time.
- Track and examine incoming invoices to ensure compliance, correctness, and timely settlement.
- Maintain and update relevant documentation and databases of PERFORM staff travel.
- Assist Operations Manager in complying with USAID tax exemptions guidance, and undertake any relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least five (5) years of experience, including a minimum two (2) years of relevant experience with an international organization. Prior experience with USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, with advanced Excel skills.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com