SNV is looking for a treasurer to support the The Hague based finance team. The treasurer is member of the Global Finance Support team and will play a key role in the further design and implementation of SNVs treasury operating model and implementation of an ambitious (treasury) transformation program. This program entails the rationalization of our global banking and cash management landscape and the development of suitable system infrastructure.
In this positon you will manage and report on all processes an activities in relation to SNVs treasury activities, such as:
- Cash and liquidity management
- Liquidity planning and forecasting
- Foreign exchange risk management
- Bank relation management
- Funding of development projects
- Treasury accounting and reporting
- University education, preferably followed by specific treasury courses
- Good knowledge of (corporate) treasury and related financial accounting
- Solid understanding of relevant legal, IT, accounting and taxation aspects
- At least 5 year relevant treasury experience in a global setting
- Hands-on mentality with good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills (fluent in English);
- End-to-end process oriented with strong drive to continuously improve the function and achieve results;
- Strong affinity with relevant IT and Business Intelligence solutions;
- Understanding of treasury related accounting standards;
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural understanding, eager to learn and grow;
- Dares to step out of the function, link to the underlying business and build relationships with and influence internal and external stakeholders;
- Independent team player with a strong intrinsic motivation to make a difference for SNV.
Willingness to travel internationally approximately 25% of your time.
Contract Type: Employment (Dutch contract)
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter before 20 March 2018.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.