Project title: Technical assistance to support the human capital development programme for Bangladesh 2021
The overall objective is: To support the GoB in the implementation of its development policies aiming at a better educated, trained and qualified human capital, as laid down in its national strategic development plans.
The specific objectives/result areas focused on primary education and TVET are to contribute towards:
- Improved quality, relevance and efficiency of the primary education and TVET subsectors (Quality component);
- Improved and equitable access to primary education and TVET services (Equity & Access component), and;
- Improved management and governance of the subsectors (Governance component).
The results are in line with the national strategic plans and the SDG agenda.
The expected results are as follows:
- Develop the necessary enabling environment to reinforce institutional capacities to undertake effective, timely and evidence-based primary education system reforms: through well-targeted institutional capacity development interventions, support the relevant government departments (DPE, BNFE, NCTB…) in achieving the results under each of the targeted PEDP-4 components (Quality, Access and participation and Governance, financing and management);
- Develop the necessary enabling environment for a strengthened public TVET system: Effective and timely support to TMED’s TVET services, particularly in respect to strengthening the institutional capacity of key central departments (including TMED, DTE and BTEB) and facilitate better coordination with other stakeholders. A particular focus will be put on successfully supporting the relevant government departments in attaining the DLI targets. In this respect coordination with the Skills-21 Programme implementer ILO on the reporting shall be ensured;
- EU policy dialogue, conditionalities and capacity building activities are more strategic, better coordinated and more conducive for implementation of government strategies/policies that contribute to progress in the education sector as a whole, in line with the SDG agenda.
Commencement date of the project: October 2019
Duration of the project: 48 months
Duration of the assignment: minimum 700 working days
Description of work
The tasks of this expert will mainly relate to result area 2, he/she will work in close collaboration with TMED and relevant agencies as DTE and BTEB. He/she will facilitate and accelerate reforms by acting as a “change agent” through knowledge sharing and institutional capacity development.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in education, social sciences, public administration, economics or other relevant field (or in the case of a Bachelor’s degree, additional 5 years of relevant professional experience);
- Excellent command of oral and written English;
- Full computer literacy and excellent reporting skills.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the TVET/skills sector;
- Evidence of experience in the design and implementation of EU budget support programmes will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of TVET and skills programmes or projects in developing or middle income country context;
- Expertise in strategic planning and institutional strengthening. Evidence of assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 5 years;
- Previous experience in South Asia will be considered an asset.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org