EnCompass LLC is seeking a Team Lead for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Uganda-funded evaluation of a governance and accountability project. In addition to providing overall team and project management, the Team Lead should have experience working in governance, government and civil society organization (CSO) accountability, and strong evaluation management experience.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD, with likely travel to Uganda.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Team Lead will be responsible for: (1) providing team leadership; (2) managing the team’s activities; (3) ensuring that all deliverables are met in a timely manner; (4) serving as a liaison between the USAID and the evaluation/analytic team; and (5) preparation and submission of the draft and final evaluation reports.
- A graduate degree in any of the following: evaluation, governance, accountability, community engagement, social sciences, or closely related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience conducting research, preferably within the democracy and governance sector.
Experience and Skills
- Strong experience with evaluation standards and practices are required
- Experience working in governance, including hands on experience with projects engaging national and local government, strengthening institutional accountability, and community engagement
- Substantial experience in managing a team using mixed research methods/approaches of similar magnitude
- Strong management skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills
In addition, the Team Leader must have strong team management skills, and sufficient experience with evaluation standards and practices. Excellent communication, both verbal and written English and experience in managing performance evaluations of the similar projects are required.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.