World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As UN Representative and Senior Humanitarian Policy Advisor, you will be responsible for designing and implementing influencing strategies for decision makers at the UN, including Member States and UN agencies, to achieve World Vision’s humanitarian objectives.
The UN Representative and Senior Humanitarian Policy Advisor provides thought leadership and manages policy developments on Children and Armed Conflict, the role of faith in humanitarian action, as well as UN humanitarian reform. You will closely and continuously monitor the political and policy discussions on the UN Security Council concerning priority fragile contexts for World Vision, as well as thematic areas such as Children and Armed Conflict, peacekeeping and Protection of Civilians.
- 7-8 years relevant job experience with graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s in a relevant field such as international relations, international development, or law).
- Experience in the application of International Humanitarian Law and empirical knowledge of humanitarian sector and its derivate standards, guidelines and tools.
- In depth understanding of civil society leverage points throughout the New York-based humanitarian community including strong familiarity with relevant UN and coalition processes.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to translate complex material and data into coherent narratives that resonate with policy makers and peers.
- Professional fluency in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time, including to humanitarian response environments.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 24 AUG 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.