Job DescriptionBackground Information - Job-specific
The purpose of UNOPS PG has the responsibility to lead the strategic approach for all procurement and supply chain activities to ensure the goal of sustainability and to achieve process simplification and best value, leveraging volumes and shaping markets through proper planning, the establishment of commodity teams, a focus on results across the global organization. Further, the Procurement Operations Unit has the responsibility to support business development with special attention to optimizing business support through electronic catalogues and will ensure the procurement function across UNOPS is conducted with a transparent, consistent and efficient process from end to end underpinning it with the systems, analytics, agreements and expertise to facilitate best in class provision of services both within and outside the organization. Collaboration and outreach across UNOPS delivery practices and operational centers will be critical to success.
The purpose of UNGM Team is to manage and develop the platform for strategic vendor sourcing and management that facilitates the UN’s capacity to globally interface with suppliers and continually enhance access and transparency throughout the UN procurement processes.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. The incumbent discharges the responsibilities in servicing the owners and clients of UNGM as detailed below.
UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.
As part of the UNOPS Procurement Group and under the direct supervision of the UNGM Project Specialist, the UNGM Project Assistant is part of a team, which is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the UN Global Marketplace (UNGM), ensuring the provision of a high standard of service.
The incumbent discharges the following responsibilities:
- Provide timely, effective and accurate customer services to clients.
- Provides helpdesk support services to the stakeholders of the UNGM procurement portal
- Assists UNGM stakeholders in resolving issues as a Subject Matter Expert through use of scripted guidance and a defined process
- Provides oral/written responses to queries from internal and external clients regarding procurement and supply chain matters and designing templates and FAQ’s as appropriate
- Communicates with UNGM focal points of UN agencies regarding day to day operations and help desk matters, and assists in the development and in providing training programs to support the use of the vendor portal
- Monitors and tracks user requests to ensure a consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus
- Identifies appropriate courses of actions to application related issues and escalates these, where necessary, in accordance SOP’s
- Assist with testing protocol to confirm functionality and to identify any issues or bugs in the system. Utilising the Issue Management System to record and log issues as they are identified
- Proactively supports the product owners with the testing of new functionalities and providing feedback to the system design and development team
- Participate and provides input in the further development and design of new UNGM functionalities
- Develops, maintains and updates FAQ contents and templates for common issues
- Attends business seminars and trade fairs representing UNGM as required
- Assist with surveys as requested
- Any other tasks as and when required
About the Organization
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner. Working in more than 80 countries, UNOPS supports partners in the implementation of approximately 1,000 projects, which range from managing the construction of roads in South Sudan to building shelters in Haiti to procuring educational computers in Argentina. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects it supports.
Working with UNOPS
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We’re looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in many disciplines, from project management, to procurement, infrastructure, finance and human resources. The work we do is fulfilling and offers opportunities for professional and personal development.
Watch this video to learn more about working with UNOPS
With over 6,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce as a means of better understanding and addressing the needs of our partners, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage the recruitment of qualified female candidates. Moreover, the vast majority of our personnel are nationals, working in their own country and developing local capacity.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options, such as flexi-time, compressed work schedules and telecommuting. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types across the globe.