Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
PRO-Telligent, A Tetra Tech Company is seeking an experienced UNPOL SWAT Advisor. The qualified candidate will be deployed to Haiti.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The duties of a Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team commander extend past selecting, training, disciplining, and leading the team, to include involvement in such areas as budget, equipment, and department policies
- The advisor will be responsible for developing and revising procedures regarding use of force for the unit
- The advisor will assist the HNP SWAT commander in identifying the equipment that team members will need to safely and effectively perform their assigned duties. Acquiring this equipment may often require balancing team needs and budgetary constraints
- The incumbent will also assist the SWAT commander in personnel selection and training, setting team goals, and serving as a role model by demonstrating honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Reinforcing the concept “The leader must lead by example”, the incumbent will at the same time be helping to develop the competence of individuals and of the team as a whole and assist the commander to prepare his replacement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice/law enforcement or related field; an advanced or law enforcement command training through FBI, PERF, SPI, Northwestern, etc.
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in police management and supervision, visionary skills and ability to form strong partnerships in a diverse culture
- Candidates must be currently employed with a federal, state, municipal or county law enforcement service or be recently retired/separated within the last five years
- Have held at least the rank of Lieutenant or similar for minimum of 2 years
- Overseas experience in senior level position on an international police assistance mission is preferred
- UNPOL police advisors are required to have proficiency in English equivalent to the Foreign Service Institute (FSI) level 3/3
- Proficiency in Haitian Creole and/or French at the (FSI)
- Language Proficient Rating of a 3/3
- Non Creole or French speaking candidates will require approval from the UN prior to starting the application process. FSI 3/3 Rating is defined as 3S
- Able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations
- 3R Able to read within a normal range of speed and with almost complete comprehension
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification
To be considered applicants must submit Cover letter and CV in reverse chronological form.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com/ to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on. If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: 703-414-5593.