Macfadden, now part of PAE, seeks a Policy Coordinator to support USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/FFP is a U.S. Government office that provides life-saving food assistance and supports longer-term development activities that mitigate chronic food insecurity. The Policy Coordinator will provide dedicated support to USAID/FFP’s U.S. Policy and Partnerships Team through a variety of tasks that facilitate the team’s engagement with domestic and international stakeholders, including Congress, audit and oversight bodies, the inter-agency, and humanitarian partner organizations.
Responsibilities of the U.S. Policy Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft talking points, briefing memos, and responses to Congressional and other external stakeholder queries that clearly convey USAID/FFP’s policy priorities and programs for a variety of audiences.
- Monitor Congressional hearings, NGO and think tank events, and other relevant forums.
- Analyze UN partner reports, policies, and audits pertaining to USAID/FFP programming.
- Track USAID/FFP oversight and audit issues and support USAID/FFP’s engagement with oversight entities.
- Manage planning, outreach, and logistics for meetings and events.
- Oversee administrative tasks for the U.S. Policy and Partnerships Team, including preparing travel memos, facilitating clearances, and maintaining electronic filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or a related field.
- One to four years of work experience that demonstrates ability to multitask and meet rapid deadlines with quality work.
- Familiarity with humanitarian issues, Congress or other U.S. Government offices, and/or international humanitarian actors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume and cover letter. Please submit these items as attachments to preserve formatting.
Only applications with a resume and cover letter will be considered; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.