Call for Expression of Interest – Short Term Consultants (Seeking National and International Consultants)
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and trans-form lives around the world.
USAID Climate Ready is a five-year Pacific-wide regional project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by DT Global. Climate Ready works in 11 Pacific Island Nations: Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Palau, Papua New Guinea, and Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
USAID’s Climate Ready Project is seeking short term technical consultants to support work associated with the project, either with individual countries or on a regional basis. Such work will vary in duration and scope but will be based on the needs identified in each of the target countries. Consultants with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas are invited to apply:
- Policy and Strategy Development
- Accessing Climate Change Finance
- Project Design, Formulation & other project related functions
- Capacity Development/Training
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Research and Documentation
- Knowledge Management and Communications
- Project Management
Consultants must have prior experience in one or more of the following:
- Developing, reviewing and/or evaluating project/program proposals.
- Developing, reviewing and/or evaluating policy, regulations and/or legal frameworks.
- Financial and economic analysis on a project/program level, including risk analysis particularly for the management of financial and operational risks.
- Experience with fiduciary and procurement processes, particularly as they apply to national institutions.
- Design and formulation of climate change adaptation (CCA) / disaster risk reduction (DRR) and environmental projects, which include contributing to the collection and analysis of relevant country data and information; support the identification of the relevant stakeholders that will be involved and beneficiaries who will be targeted; support the development of the project design with regard to establishment of expected project outcome.
- Management of project implementation including oversight of environmental and social safeguards and policies, including gender policies.
- Design and implementation of results management frameworks for the monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs.
- Professional experience in the financing, development, and implementation of public and/or private sector projects in developing countries.
- Working knowledge of the project management cycle, including identification, implementation, and activity oversight.
- Familiarity with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and other relevant processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in climate change, environment, agriculture, food security or related fields.
- Recognized technical capacity and expertise of relevant professional experience in the Pacific Region.
- Proven work experience especially associated with Green Climate Fund, Adaptation Fund or Global Environment Facility funding.
- Previous work experience in DRR, climate change, food security, agriculture, resource management, development, in particular in an international organization.
- High level communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability and self-initiative to carry out assigned tasks in a team under minimal supervision as well as, as an individual on a specific assignment.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point and the Internet.
- Professional knowledge of the English language and proficiency in preparing reports in English.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest in one of the aforementioned roles, your application should be submitted in English. Applications are due by 11:59 PM EDT, June 8, 2020.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.