SCOPE OF WORK
USAID/Iraq Ninewa Investment Facilitation
Private Sector Investments Team Lead
Period of Performance
Estimated LOE (in working days)
USAID/Iraq seeks to increase employment through demand-driven private sector-led
economic growth in Iraq, with a major focus on Ninewa Province. USAID/Iraq aims to work with private sector firms, with a focus on Ninewa Province (Ninewa), by providing targeted technical assistance (TA) to identify and overcome specific business access to finance constraints to make these firms investment ready. The objective of this task order is to increase employment and economic opportunities by helping the private sector, including small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and, as appropriate, larger, developed businesses located in and near Ninewa province, attract investment. USAID’s SME Development and Investment Program (PSDIP) will work with existing USAID funded programs, government institutions, and the private sector to promote increased competitiveness and investment opportunities for Iraqi businesses.
The Private Sector Investments Team Lead, under the supervision of the Task Order Team Lead, will lead the private sector assistance efforts of the activity, which includes a range of entrepreneurial support, such as access to finance activities, intended to strengthen the readiness of firms to grow and create jobs. The individual will provide assistance to create investment promotions for businesses and stimulate foreign and local investment in Iraqi businesses. The individual will provide assistance to generate
investment opportunities for businesses and increase jobs. Responsible for designing project activities; working closely with project staff, government, civil society, private sector counterparts, and beneficiaries to successfully implement activities and achieve desired results.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Support planning and implementation of Ninewa Investment Forum conference.
- Provide selected businesses with technical assistance to improve business and staff capacity for improved production output, service delivery quality, and profitability.
- Develop tailored BDS training modules and plans for selected businesses,
- Develop tailored business plans as needed for the selected businesses.
- Provide advisory services to contribute to business sustainability
The Minimum Requirements for the Private Sector Investments Team Lead are:
- Undergraduate degree in international development, business, economics, or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible international work experience implementing firm-level assistance development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Expertise in working with financial institutions and creating and/or improving financial services and products for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and disadvantaged segments of society, such as minorities, women and youth.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Location and Reporting:
The position will be based in Erbil, Iraq and will report to the Task Order Team Lead.