CAMRIS International, Inc. is an international development and research firm that provides innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, economical program and research management services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through CAMRIS International to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Knowledge Insight Specialist
This position is located in the U. S. Global Development Lab (Lab), an organization established to harness the power of science, technology, innovation and partnership (STIP) and take promising innovations to global scale in order to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals. The Lab will achieve this vision through a two-part mission: 1) produce breakthrough development innovations; and 2) accelerate the transformation of the U.S. development enterprise.
Knowledge Insight Specialist supports the knowledge management web platform for the Lab’s Center for Digital Development (CDD) by (1) facilitating knowledge management activities to support USAID’s work in digital development (e.g. webinars, virtual peer assists, and online discussions) and support and grow a community of practice amongst country staff working on digital programming; (2) managing and building web and social media channels for CDD; (3) developing communication and training materials and analytical tools that support USAID’s work in digital development; and (4) organizing and facilitating trainings for USAID staff and partners.
* Keep abreast of digital development trends and best practices, prepare topline messaging, talking points and other communications materials on digital issues, and support the development and implementation of an internal and external communications strategy for effectively sharing progress, new learnings, and building the thought leadership of LAB/CDD. The latter will require writing original content detailing critical subtopics of digital inclusion, digital finance, digital information systems, geospatial and advanced data analysis, and other emerging technology trends, such artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain.
* Write, edit and oversee the production and dissemination of strategic communication materials, including but not limited to online feature stories, blog posts, case studies, fact sheets, presentations, and video scripts–in coordination with the Lab’s Office of Engagement and Communications and USAID’s Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
* Design, plan, and participate in Regional and DC-based trainings for USAID staff and partners
* Support the management and growth of an active Digital Development community of practice within USAID using a variety of internal and external channels (e.g., newsletters, webinars, live events, online platforms, etc.) and leveraging a mix of communication resources (e.g., toolkits, case studies, online courses, guidance, etc.).
* Manage the @USAID_Digital Twitter handle and develop content on digital development for USAID.gov, monthly newsletters and other web and social media channels.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree in International Affairs, Communications, Economics, Public Policy, Technology or Business preferred.
* Three to Five (3-5) years of related experience in international development, non-governmental (NGO) or the private sector.
* Exceptional writing skills
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
* Experience producing, managing, and organizing content via web, video, visual, written and other channels
* Ability to work well in teams
* Experience with mission-oriented, strategic communications
* Familiarity and experience with digital publishing tools, basic HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a secret clearance