Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is actively seeking candidates for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Developing Export-led Growth in Kosovo activity. This activity will facilitate Kosovo’s private sector to become more competitive in local, regional, and international markets, promoting export-led growth. The anticipated objectives for this activity are: to increase exports through improved Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sophistication and market knowledge and linkages, to develop a skilled workforce to better meet private sector needs, and to expand access to finance in order to enhance firms’ growth and productivity.
The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party to manage the day-to-day operations of the project and support the technical implementation of the project. Specific duties:
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serves as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, Government of Kosovo (GOK), Palladium Home Office, local implementing partners and the local private sector.
- Supports the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project’s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
- Provides technical and managerial leadership and, in collaboration with the COP, builds partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Supports the annual work plan process and completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Conducts communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required.
- Travels throughout Kosovo as needed to ensure successful project implementation.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and Albanian required.
- Experience designing and implementing approaches to SME development, access to finance, and/or export promotion in various sectors.
- Experience in Kosovo or Balkans region preferred.
- Five years of senior management experience, including managing large budgets and teams of professionals in the Balkans and oversight of financial management and procurement functions.
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.