Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium is actively seeking candidates for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Developing Export-led Growth in Kosovo activity. This activity will facilitate Kosovo’s private sector to become more competitive in local, regional, and international markets, promoting export-led growth. The anticipated objectives for this activity are: to increase exports through improved Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sophistication and market knowledge and linkages, to develop a skilled workforce to better meet private sector needs, and to expand access to finance in order to enhance firms’ growth and productivity.
The Workforce Development Expert will oversee all activities under Component 2: a skilled workforce that better meets private sector needs.
- Provides technical and managerial support for the project’s workforce development activities.
- Leads implementation of skills development programs in partnership with the private sector and partner organizations in growth-oriented sectors to meet market needs.
- Conducts assessments of workforce and private sector gaps to guide and inform implementation.
- Share results and learning with project leadership, Palladium, and USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (Business, Economics, Finance, International Development) or a BA and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and Albanian required.
- At least five years’ experience implementing and leading workforce development activities in Kosovo or the region.
- At least three years’ experience on donor-funded projects, USAID experience a plus.
- Experience working with the private sector and key ecosystem stakeholders to develop workforce development initiatives.