Dexis is seeking an experienced International Development Specialist to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Nepal, specifically assisting the Mission’s Disaster Risk Reduction, Reconstruction and Resilience (DR4) and Program Offices. This is a short-term consultancy, requiring some travel to Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Through consultation with DR4 and review of best practice in the field of reconstruction and disaster risk management, finalize Result Frameworks for Development Objective 4 (DO4) and associated Intermediate Results (IRs);
- Draft a learning agenda for DO4 which will be able to provide specific, and actionable results to help inform future USAID reconstruction and disaster risk management programming;
- Draft SOWs for three specific DO4 evaluations, potentially including: the Baliyo Ghar final evaluation, Tayar Nepal evaluation approach, and evaluation of the Nepal Community Reconstruction Project (NCRP);
- Assist Program and Project Development (PPD) in developing the evidence base for the new strategy, which may include drafting procurement packages, or working with MEL, to develop scopes of work for assessments (journey to self-reliance, gender, environment, etc.);
- Provide surge capacity to PPD to assist in program office budget, reporting, outreach, monitoring and evaluation functions;
- Provide interim coverage for the program office staff during periods of peak workload or during planned staff absence.
- Active secret-level security clearance required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., international development/relations, public administration)
- 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred)
- Knowledge of USAID and US Government foreign assistance and administrative procedures preferred.
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.