The Job – What Is it?
This part-time position serves as the Training Advisor within the Staff Care Services/ USAID Staff Care Service Center contract with a specific focus on developing, leading, managing, and providing technical support to the team on virtual training design and implementation. The Training Advisor will work on a team with another part-time Training Advisor to provide services to the SCSC team and USAID staff and their families. This will include assisting the KonTerra Group team in effectively using virtual learning platforms. As a core member of the Staff Care Center team, the incumbent is involved in the daily operations of the Staff Care Center Services. The position is based in Washington, DC.
The Training Advisor shall have a shall have a minimum of:
· Ten years of training experience with a specific focus on developing, leading, managing, and providing technical support to teams on virtual training design and implementation.
· Experience using and in-depth knowledge of Adobe Connect, Blue Jeans, and Google Hangouts, as well as other platforms.
· Experience guiding staff and providing support to teams to pivot from in person training and workshops to moving interactions online.
It is preferred but not required that the Training Expert has:
· Experience working with USAID
· Experience providing training expertise during a public health crisis
The Training Expert will also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
The contract team is committed to being results-oriented. As such, the Training Expert is expected to achieve the following results.
● In coordination with the Training Advisor, lead the planning, developing, and delivering of virtual training activities. This includes:
○ Guiding staff and providing support to SCSC Team to pivot from in-person training and workshops to moving interactions online.
○ Overseeing the development of virtual training curriculum design
○ Contributing virtual training expertise to training curriculum which may include serving as producer during virtual trainings.
● Maintain timely, accurate records of training activities
● Provide reporting, monitoring and evaluation data on training and knowledge transfer activities as required by the project
2. Staff Care Service Center Operations
● Participate in promotional and outreach activities to educate USAID employees and family members about the Staff Care Program, Staff Care Service Center and how to access the Program services. This may include events such as tours, Staff Care Program presentations, brown bags, webinars, and, open house activities
● Participate in established Service Center process for critical incident response and management
● Participate in established Service Center process for supporting evacuations
● As a core member of the Staff Care Service Center Team, will participate in other activities related to Service Center Operations
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer health insurance, a 401k plan, and funds for professional development.
How to Apply
The position is available immediately with an application deadline of July 24, 2020. If you are interested in joining our team and this project, please send a resume/vitae and a compelling letter of interest to Dawn Traut, USAID Staff Care Service Center Project Director.
About the Organization
The KonTerra Group – Who Are We?
The KonTerra Group exists to support the health and effectiveness of organizations and their people.
The KonTerra Group is a leading provider of resilience and staff support services to the international humanitarian aid community. It is comprised of experienced, seasoned consultants who are passionate about what we do and serving our clients.
The KonTerra Group is the prime contractor for the provision of Staff Care Center Services for the US Agency for International Development (USAID). KonTerra manages a Staff Care Service Center that is a physical location and provides confidential support to the Agency’s entire workforce personally and professionally, domestic and international, with a range of confidential individual, managerial, organizational and administrative services. It provides confidential face-to-face, telephonic and on-line assistance, referrals and support, work-life and wellness support and develops communications materials. The Resilience component focuses on building individual, supervisory and organizational resiliency; facilitating individual and organizations in coping and recovering from high threat, emergencies and disasters; profound life changing events; severe and/or chronic stress; post-traumatic stress disorder; etc.