The Job – What Is it?
This full-time position serves as the Work-life Coordinator within the Staff Care Services/ USAID Staff Care Service Center contract. As a core member of the Staff Care Center team, the incumbent is involved in the daily operations of the Staff Care Center Services. The position is based in Washington, DC.
The Work-life Coordinator shall have a minimum of 8 years of practice supporting same or similar projects which will serve to ensure their expert knowledge of resources. The Coordinator will also hold a BA or BS Degree in Health Promotion, Health and Wellness Management, Health Education or a related field (an MA or MS degree is preferred). Knowledge of USAID, international community, overseas living, federal government, or other US agencies preferred. Familiarity with facilitating and creating content for webinars. Knowledge and experience working remotely with technology and platforms (i.e. Google, Blue Jeans, Zoom). Ability to work remotely, independently and on teams.
The contract team is committed to being results-oriented. As such, the Work-life Coordinator is expected to achieve the following results.
● Responsible for managing the Work-Life Program operations; monitoring and evaluating program deliverables; developing a detailed plan for promotion and customer support.
● Serving as the POC and supporting subcontracted partner vendors including the Caregivers Action Network(CAN) and Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
● Connecting employees to resources and services to meet their specific needs, which may include recruiting and managing outside speakers on relevant topics (i.e. finance, legal issues).
● Responsible for the planning and coordination of work-life activities. Their support may include:
o Promotion of seminars, promotional events, and awareness programs;
o General office support to the USAID Staff Care Center;
o Local and international travel required; and
o Coordinates and/or ensures that supplies, equipment, files are maintained in properly secured storage.
· Maintain timely, accurate records of activities and provide reporting, monitoring and evaluation data on activities as required by the Program.
· Collaborate with the other Service Center clinicians, USAID Social Workers, and other partner organization service providers for effective service provision.
· Support USAID headquarters and field engagements as required.
· Participate in promotional and outreach activities to educate USAID employees and family members about the Staff Care Center, Staff Care Service Center and how to access the Program services. This may include events such as Service Center tours, Staff Care Program presentations, brown bags, open house activities.
· As a core member of the Staff Care Service Center Team, will participate in other activities related to Staff Care Center Operations.
· As employee and family needs and USAID priorities evolve, results may be revised over the life of the Program.
· Other activities as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer health insurance, a 401k plan, and funds for professional development.
How to Apply
The position is available immediately with an application deadline of February 19, 2021. If you are interested in joining our team and this project, please send a resume/vitae and a compelling letter of interest.
About the Organization
The KonTerra Group – Who Are We?
The KonTerra Group exists to support the health and effectiveness of organizations and their people.
The KonTerra Group is a leading provider of resilience and staff support services to the international humanitarian aid community. It is comprised of experienced, seasoned consultants who are passionate about what we do and serving our clients.
The KonTerra Group is the prime contractor for the provision of Staff Care Center Services for the US Agency for International Development (USAID). KonTerra manages a Staff Care Service Center that is a physical location and provides confidential support to the Agency’s entire workforce personally and professionally, domestic and international, with a range of confidential individual, managerial, organizational and administrative services. It provides confidential face-to-face, telephonic and on-line assistance, referrals and support, work-life and wellness support and develops communications materials.