USAID/Côte d`Ivoire have requested that Cloudburst conduct a mid-term performance evaluation of a USAID funded governance program in Côte d`Ivoire. This posting is to recruit a local senior governance expert for the evaluation team.
The governance specialist will advise questionnaire design and all interview guides and subsequent interview analysis. The consultant will also participate in evaluation activities and may be assigned specific tasks by the Team Leader as appropriate, to include designing and conducting surveys, key informant interviews and guides, and focus group discussions and discussion guides with diverse types of respondents across Côte d`Ivoire including ministries, donors, implementers (local and international).
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of West Africa and in particular, Côte d`Ivoire’s democratic development issues and reform context.
- Familiar with key stakeholders and actors in governance in West Africa.
- 5 years experience in designing, managing, researching, evaluating, or other engagement with rule of law and justice reform activities in West Africa.
- Proven experience in conducting evaluations in the West Africa region in the areas of democracy and governance.
- Experience in USAID or other donors in West Africa region is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in drafting high quality reports.
- Fluent in English including writing and presenting.
- French language skills preferred.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The work that Cloudburst engages in is guided by a mission to improve economic, social, and environmental resilience. To this end, many of the populations and communities we work with focus on addressing structural and institutional racism that disproportionately impacts Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. Cloudburst believes that effective services and solutions are created with communities historically impacted by the systems we are attempting to transform. We strongly encourage applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities we work with.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled