Utility Technical Specialist, Jordan
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Around the globe, RTI brings together private- and public-sector stakeholders to manage natural resources and promote sustainable livelihoods while conserving unique biodiversity. By enhancing institutions, policy, and technical capacity, we improve WASH service delivery and strengthen forest and renewable energy systems and sector management. Combining scientific rigor and technical proficiency, we deliver innovative methods, reliable data, thorough analysis, and novel technologies for sustainable programs that help inform public policy and ground practice in evidence.
RTI is seeking a Senior Utility Advisor for an upcoming water governance project in Jordan. The purpose of the activity is to increase accountable, sustainable, water sector management and governance by supporting and strengthening the Government of Jordan’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts. This position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
- Responsible for improving the technical and commercial performance of distribution utilities
- Leads performance improvement of utilities, including advising on business process redesign, assessment of key performance indicators, identification of best practices, design and implementation of non-technical loss-reduction programs
- Provides support and capacity building to improve planning, management processes and capabilities, and technical and operational procedures
- Maintains highly effective working relationships with GOJ counterparts, utility staff and senior management, and other donors to generate and maintain continuous support for activities and coordinate across programs
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- At least a master’s degree in engineering, economics, or a related field and 15 years experience in utility operations – water supply, design of water systems.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience
- Experience in a USAID or other development partner programs is an added advantage
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating across projects stakeholder groups and donor projects.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.