Tetra Tech EC is a part of the Tetra Tech team and we offer site cleanup and restoration services to help our clients increase the value of their real property – whether for redevelopment, property transfer, or creating a healthier environment.
We are looking for all levels of UXO/IED/EOD/AXO positions: Technician I, II, III, Senior Supervisor, UXO Safety Officer, Quality Control, Diver, and HMA Operations. To include IMAS EOD Level 1 – 4 personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform UXO detection, identification and clearance operations within an assigned area of responsibility/knowledge, under immediate direction and supervision of a higher qualified UXO employee in accordance with specified criteria and stated requirements.
• Utilize applicable requirements (codes, standards, specifications, regulations, procedures, etc.) and, as necessary, tools, instruments and equipment to perform assigned activities.
• Assist in the preparation of required work documents such as supportive records/documentation.
• Provide overall in-country management of the task order and the contractors of the on-the-ground team.
• Provide hands-on leadership for search teams in their day-to-day operations.
• Ensure proper training, equipping, and rehearsal of AXO/IED removal teams and their supporting elements, and will manage the day-to-day implementation of AXO/IED removal tasks throughout the program.
• Provide expertise and oversight in ordnance removal, disposal, and destruction and PSSM activities.
• Perform various other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certificate of completion from an UXO or EOD program. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred for senior level positions.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work in various environments and climates.
• Knowledge of applicable US DoD and IMAS standards, industry and international best practices.
• 40-hour Hazwoper Certification.
• 8-hour Hazwoper Certification.
• Secret Clearance is desired.
• Diver Certification.
• Knowledge of Host Country requirements and culture.
• Construction or Hazardous Waste Operations experience is preferred.
• International experience is desired.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com for more information on our company and to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.