Project title: EU Support to the Ombudsperson Institution in Kosovo
Brief description: For our Project for the Ombudsperson Institution in Kosovo (being implemented at the moment, until September 2022), we seek to fill various positions both of long-term and / or short-term duration.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity of the Ombudsperson Institution of Kosovo (OIK) in order to increase, impact and effectiveness in promoting and protecting the human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The expected results of the project are:
- Result 1: Institutional Capacity Development of Ombudsperson Institution in core areas strengthened.
- Result 2: Internal administration and management of the OIK strengthened.
- Result 3: Public awareness about the role and importance of the institution increased.
- Result 4: The contractor will provide assessments and documentation to assist the procurement of all required technical supplies (mainly IT, security, furniture, literature) to make the OIK more efficient.
Team Leader position
Duration of assignment: minimum 740 working days until September 2022
The team leader is an experienced manager with background in human rights and professional working experience. He/she will be responsible for the successful implementation of all project activities within the established timelines in the work-plan and delivery of results as indicated in the log frame. He/she is in charge of overseeing deployment and management of all long- and short-term experts including quality management. The team leader shall also be in charge of contacts and communication with the beneficiary representatives, other relevant agencies and stakeholders and the contracting authority and for communication and negotiation with all key stakeholders. He/she will ensure that all project outputs are of excellent quality. Furthermore, the Team Leader will ensure that all gender, minority, cultural, environmental and ethical matters of relevance to the project are properly addressed. The Contractor will deploy appropriate backstopping support to ensure that the team leader is able to realise his/her tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in law. A master’s degree and/or PhD in Law is considered as an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10, preferably 12 years of professional experience working in the judicial field.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in leading teams in at least 1, preferably 3 projects or in an institution related to judicial reform. (Only long-term experience of at least 6 months under the same assignment will be counted)
- Minimum 5 preferably 8 years working in or with a National Human Rights Institution similar in function and mandate to the Office of the Ombudsperson in Kosovo.
Various experts’ positions
If you want to join the project team in the capacity of a short- or long-term expert, you should bring the following background:
- A master’s degree and a preferably a PhD in Law;
- At least 12 years of professional experience working in the judicial field;
- Experience in leading teams in three or more projects or in an institution related to judicial reform;
- 8 years or more working in or with an Ombudsman institution or a National Human Rights Institution.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org