Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to be considered for inclusion in various long- and short-term positions in its proposal for the anticipated USAID-funded Justice and Transparency Project (JAT) in Guatemala.
Project Description/Summary: The purpose of this project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions to more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute and adjudicate crime in order to reduce impunity in Guatemala. The length of the contract will be five years, and the project will be based in Guatemala City.
Depending on the type of position you are interested in, requirements will vary. Various positions will be available ranging from justice focused technical positions to operations, finance and administration, procurement, project management, M&E and others. Proficiency in English and Spanish is required for all positions. Prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects is preferred for all positions.
General requirements for the justice focused technical positions are:
* Knowledge of the institutions of the Guatemalan criminal justice system (judicial branch, public ministry, civil national police and public defense)
* Increasing experience in institutional strengthening processes, structural and functional reforms of the justice and security sector
* Capacity and skills of process management and institutional changes: development and implementation of models, protocols and instruments for institutional strengthening
* Capacity for strategic analysis of the working context, data review and reporting, synthesis and abstraction
* Experience in public policy formulation, strategic planning and project implementation
* Experience in Elaboration/improvement of legal frameworks
* Extensive knowledge in the management of judicial office and criminal investigation system and criminal prosecution
* Significant experience in at least one of the following areas:
o Criminal Law and Criminal Procedures
o Criminal Investigation and Prosecution Issues
o Investigation and prosecution of gender based violence cases
o Transparency and Accountability / Anticorruption
o Coordination of Justice Sector Institutions
o Justice and Security Sector Institutional Strengthening
o Institutional Integrity Models
o Legal and judicial reform projects
o Judicial training
o Capacity development of government and public officials
o Gender-mainstreaming and gender based violence
o Court management and court administration
o CSO and grassroots networks advocacy capacity building
o Legal representation of vulnerable and marginalized populations
o Public private partnerships
o Project Management and Operations
o Finance and administration
o Grants management
o Project communications and public outreach campaigns
o Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List: three names, current positions and contact information
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.