Exciting opportunity for an experienced senior executive with international development and deep knowledge of working with USAID and other USG agencies. QED Group, LLC has been in business for over 19 years and is looking to grow aggressively as well as diversify its market base to include other the US government agencies and other markets (DIFID, Gates etc). The COO/CFO/CTIO will be a Vice President position and a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This position is responsible for providing senior level leadership, strategic direction and management necessary to ensure financial strength (revenues and profits are being maximized), implement a risk management structure (including operational control), and develop and implement an enterprise performance management system to ensure smooth operations of the enabling teams and IT. This role has direct responsibility for finance, forecasting, strategic planning and pricing. Finally, the VP also drives the creation of a culture at QED that highly values innovation, quality, efficiency, open communication, collaboration, learning and operational integration.
- Designs and implements business strategies, plans and processes to drive accountability across the organization.
- Establishes policies that promote company culture and vision
- Sets, communicates and implements comprehensive goals for efficient performance and growth
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance
- Provides timely, accurate and regular business and management metrics to manage performance and measure progress on the operating and financial performance of the company
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Supports the completion / implementation of I/T development and infrastructure projects
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the executive team not currently in place; provides mentoring as required to reports
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of executives in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Communications, Recruitment, Contracts, Purchasing and Administration.
- High level experience in dealing with operational/financial issues on USAID funded international projects.
- Strategic thinker with proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role in a similar organization
- High level experience in using business analytics and metrics as a driver for efficient operations.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to make quick decision-making and problem-solving
- MBA in Business Administration or relevant field
How to Apply
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capacity
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.