Position summary & job purpose:
Lead the growth and management of Tetra Tech ES Inc.’s International Development Services, focusing on power sector reforms, transactions and clean energy development. Jointly responsible for the overall success of the business unit.
- Direct and manage large (multi-million dollar) proposals and international projects within the energy sector
- Serve as operational and/or technical lead in various USG and multilateral/bilateral development funded energy projects including support for enabling policy, legal and regulatory environments to support clean energy development, policy and regulatory reform, private sector participation, and energy efficiency.
- Identify and maintain strategic business opportunities and client relationships, supporting growth by generating new revenue streams.
- Develop and execute market strategies within the energy and electricity sector to promote business development primarily in the US government funded development arena as well as multilateral and bilateral development agencies.
- Serve as key advisor to the Executive Vice President.
- Provide leadership for the overall operating performance of the business line.
- Achieve targeted project utilization rate, sales, revenue and job profitability and oversees others’ financial targets.
- Generate thought leadership, business development and ongoing sales.
- Successfully manage, mentor and engage teams and senior leaders to success.
- Promote career development among staff and consultants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years’ work experience in international development with a focus on clean energy development, transactions, and/or power sector reform with organizations such as the US Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and comparable donor organizations
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior management position
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics, business, international studies or other relevant field
- Extensive consulting experience in the energy and electricity sectors
- Technical expertise in at least one of the key areas such as energy policy, regulation, clean energy development, private sector participation and energy efficiency
- Exceptional written, presentation, and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated client management skills and track record of generating steady revenue
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage sales
- Exceptional project management, project development, training and leadership skills
- Knowledge in accounting, budget planning, financial forecasting and financial modeling
- Foreign language skills at a level to be able to operate effectively in a project setting using such language skills
- Frequent International travel (25%)
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions.