At present, the majority of Resonance revenue is from donor agency clients – USAID, State Department, MCC, Australia’s DFAT and others. In line with our five-year vision, we are growing out a client base among leading companies, foundations, NGOs, and impact investors. Our goal is for Resonance to emerge as a market leader in the design and execution of action-based strategies.
In line with this vision, we are seeking a proven Vice President to lead the development and growth of our commercial services practice. As a key member of the Resonance Executive Team, the Vice President will be expected to lead the development and execution of the company’s commercial services strategy, targeting corporate, foundation, investor, and non-profit clients.
- Develop a commercial services business model and strategy, focused on providing sustainability and impact-related services in frontier markets
- Build out and lead a team of motivated and dedicated professionals to support the execution of the commercial services strategy
- Drive the development of the systems, processes and tools needed to fulfill the commercial services strategy
- Achieve or exceed annual company revenue and client growth targets.
- Establish, grow, and sustain client relationships
- Identify ways to leverage Resonance existing portfolio of services and clients in support of the commercial services strategy
- Work closely with marketing and communications staff to increase awareness of Resonance brand through collateral, speaking engagements, social media, etc.
- Inspire a culture in which Resonance team members can think big and dare to do in order to deliver lasting impact
- Collaborate with other Resonance teams to optimize the use of staff resources across client projects
- Support and author thought leadership emerging from client engagements
- Represent the Company, particularly at industry events and forums
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in a professional services context
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Previous experience establishing and growing a new line of business in a professional services context
- Demonstrated track record of driving top-line revenue growth
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to act as a change agent within the company and inspire others to achieve their best work
- Experienced leader with the ability to communicate effectively and drive the commercial vision, mission, and strategy of the company both internally and externally
- Familiarity with and understanding of the tenets of corporate sustainability, impact investing and global development
- Proven ability to effectively coach and mentor staff
- Provide and tap into an extensive network of contacts among targeted client segments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Experience managing teams, client expectations and complex projects
- Experience living and/or working in a frontier market context
- Travel as required
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “VP, Corporate Sustainability Services” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.