The Vice President, Global Talent Management is responsible for leading, directing and managing initiatives associated with Talent Management and human resources activities for the organization, including: benefits and compensation, performance management, employee relations, on-boarding, learning, training and development, HRIS management, and compliance with all employment related laws and regulations. The Vice President develops and maintains a positive, value added, consultative relationship with the executives, senior leaders and managers of Blumont’s programs, expatriate and national staff and programs. Additionally, he/she leads the larger talent management team and provides support for senior management in the field on all complex talent management and human resource issues.
- Responsible for overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization’s talent management and human resource programs;
- Strategic Leader of the Talent Management organization both domestically and internationally. Develops strategic and tactical plans for the standardization and implementation of TM and HR policies, manuals and processes in all HR functional areas to include Recruiting, Onboarding and Offboarding, Learning, Training and Development, Compensation and benefits, and performance management.
- Leads the day-to-day management of talent management programs, policies and processes such as leaves of absence, payroll issues, employee and manager inquiries, etc;
- Leads and manages the TM team to ensure timely troubleshooting and issue resolution for internal clients at HQ and in the field;
- Develop, implement, and maintain human resources policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state, local, and international labor laws;
- Oversees the management of the recruiting process for all Headquarters, Expatriate Third Country National and Host Country National positions.
- Oversees the management of the International Talent Management/Human Resources program.
- Manages the Blumont Compensation Management Program and coordinates with the Executive Leadership Team in establishment of initial salary, salary increases for promotion and annual merit increases.
- Supports business leaders and TM/HR colleagues by acting as an advisor in the area of appropriate management and leadership practices to maintain a productive and effective workforce and ensure compliance with State and Federal labor laws;
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude and knowledge of individual performance expectations towards achieving organizational objectives and the development of performance management guidelines. Creates and maintains on-boarding processes and procedures, ensuring all newly hired employees are knowledgeable of the organization, its policies and their respective roles;
- Serves as sounding board and mentor to employees and managers on personnel issues including, counseling, documentation, and terminations;
- Participates in the resolution of complex employee relation issues, complaints and problems by overseeing investigations, policy interpretation, and progressive discipline;
- Serves as a member of the Executive Senior Management Team.
- Participates in all program start-up and close out meetings and planning sessions.
- Reviews all proposal budgets and plans to ensure TM/HR labor and associated funding for HHE, Severance, Local Prorated Adjustments for salaries are properly documented and in accordance with donor practices and specific local labor law requirements.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of employee learning, training and development initiatives;
- Advises Executive leadership and the Blumont Board of Directors on compensation actions for employees - including internal and external equity;
- Manages the development and administration of the performance review system;
- Manages the Blumont Travel Program to include development of policies and processes to support compliance with all federal and donor travel regulations and requirements, coordination and negotiation with travel vendors, and efficient management of resources.
- Plans, directs, and designs, the implementation, communication and administration of corporate employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement programs, workers compensation and other plans. Ensures that compensation and benefit programs support the organization’s strategic objectives and comply with regulations;
- Directs the creation of all ad hoc and regular reporting for HR and all other corporate departments requiring support. Ensures that the HRIS system structures are maintained and current;
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, and development opportunities for direct reports;
- Negotiates and contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration;
- Directs the AAP, EEO, Veteran, Equal Pay annual reporting;
- Develops systems, and materials to support TM/HR using industry best practices;
- Develop programs/initiatives that are competitive in the industry and geography, and frequently benchmark “best practices” to position BLUMONT as an “Employer of Choice.”;
- Develops and manages the Talent Management Annual Budget to ensure all labor and other TM/HR costs remain within allocated funding levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 15+ years’ experience in HR of which 5+ years is preferably at a senior management level and the most recent role at a strategic level.
- Progressive experience in international HR management preferably in the non-profit or government contracting sector.
- Demonstrated ability to understand TM/HR related issues domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of benefits and compensation related government rules and regulations and their impact.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sufficient management and professional experience, business acumen, judgment and integrity to effectively serve all Blumont staff and donors while protecting, representing and advancing Blumont’s best interests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve effectively as a member of Blumont’s leadership team in ensuring the organization successfully fulfills its mission.
• Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and vision of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
• Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches or articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to Senior Executive Teams, public groups, or boards of directors.
This position requires global travel to countries where Blumont works, at times on short notice.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups