Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Vice President New Business Development: Institutions
For 75 years, Heifer International has provided agricultural resources, training and community development for “bottom of the pyramid” small-scale farmers. We are now pursuing a strategy to Accelerate farmers to living income and scale through inclusive – “pro-poor” - market systems where households are sustainable and resilient - both environmentally and economically.
As we scale, we are seeking a well-networked, rainmaker – a strategy-maker who will guide the organization in forging a path to be ever more relevant in partnerships, diversified revenue streams, and on the cutting edge of development innovations and standards. Our core program and committed partners – private donors, funders, highly engaged corporate sector partners and technical specialists are a springboard for the next stage of growth with Institutional Donors.
We are looking for a Vice President of New Business focused on Institutions, who will shape strategy, staffing, processes and collaboration for the global organization. The role is an ambitious one and key to Heifer’s commitment to scale that is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030.
This is a Washington D.C . based position with frequent travel to Heifer centers globally as well as our central service office in Little Rock, Arkansas.
This is what we require
- Experienced New Business development professional with existing strong business development networks among bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. USAID, USDA, EU, DFID, IFAD, World Bank), technical and research partners and other INGOs.
- Proven track record of leading proposal development processes and successfully securing large scale funding and awards to support impactful growth in mission programs.
- High energy, collaborative, leader with outstanding interpersonal skills, enthusiastic relationship-builder, and strong negotiator.
- Player - coach capable of nurturing individuals, at the same time as being an energetic team builder across departments and a global organization.
- Courageous, self-aware change leader with resilience in developing strategy, processes, and people.
- Perceptive acuity in reading and interpreting the changing funding and financing landscape – both globally, and in regional and local contexts.
- Experience in forming new partnerships, alliances and relationships that integrate private sector partnerships, local community funds, innovative financing, and impact investment.
- Passion for justice and change, coupled with strong business acumen and a pragmatic grasp of Heifer’s context – community-led development, livestock, agriculture value chains, inclusive market systems, environmental conservation and a commitment to the resource poor.
Here is what you will get to do
- Build on Heifer’s existing networks and open new large and influential partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. USAID, USDA, EU, DFID, IFAD, World Bank.), research and technical partners, and partner INGOs.
- Grow revenue from institutional sources to support Heifer’s long-term growth and scale, leveraging additional sources of Heifer funding and partnerships.
- Lead and oversee large global opportunities - support proposal teams, pitch ideas, and drive follow- through to ensure high quality winning proposals and results.
- Lead and motivate team to meet goals in full collaboration with Country Directors, Country staff, Program teams, and other Heifer service teams.
- Support, advise and serve country teams to help them be responsive to local national opportunities.
- Actively collaborate with technical programmatic expertise and program management to influence and shape an emerging, globally integrated function that is creative, flexible, innovative and collaborative across structure lines, in service of impact and scale.
- Build skills and ensure competencies across the global organization, towards a common purpose, consistent high-quality work, and winning proposals.
- Position Heifer in key markets – based on past performance and a growing evidence base of impact with smallholder farmers at the bottom of the pyramid
- Identify trends in the funding environment and proactively adapt strategies for positioning Heifer competitively.
Here is how we will reward and retain you
- An excellent benefits package that rivals other INGO’s.
- Allow for a flexible and innovative work environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial and fun environment.
- Fulfillment of being part of a growing mission, shaping Heifer International’s future.
- Satisfaction in knowing you are contributing to significant numbers of smallholder farmers achieving living income.
About the Organization
Heifer International has set a goal to help 4 million families within the communities where we work achieve living incomes by 2020. This income will allow them to educate their children; feed themselves adequately every day; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
To apply, visit http://bit.ly/Heifer-GFP
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.