Development Transformations (DT) is a rapidly growing company that thrives on designing and implementing development programs in conflict-affected countries and delivering results to our clients. To meet the demands of our expanding portfolio of Development and Diplomacy programs, DT seeks a Vice President for Programs who will be responsible for development, delivery, and evaluation of these programs from a wide array of international donors. Reporting to the Managing Director and with six direct reports, the VP is a part of the senior management team that develops and drives the overall strategy for the organization. With visibility on all programs, the VP is charged with finding synergies between programs, sharing lessons learned and best practice, and developing feedback loops with staff to encourage constant improvement and innovation.
This position is ideal for someone with extensive field experience, particularly in governance, civil-society, stabilization, and/or conflict-affected environment, looking to put their years of expertise to work in a growing company. The ideal candidate will be client-focused, have good critical judgement and decision-making skills, take initiative, be a problem-solver, and thrive in leading a high-performing team.
- Enhance and implement organizational vision and supporting objectives as established in DT’s strategic plan;
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth; and
- Serve as an advisor to senior program staff, particularly around complex program decisions.
- Oversee and effectively manage the successful delivery of DT’s programs with multiple USG and foreign government donors in dozens of countries overseas;
- Manage a team of six highly capable Program Managers who oversee specific portfolios, projects or countries;
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance; and
- Serve, as needed, as the IDIQ Manager or interim Chief of Party during project start-ups or gaps in coverage.
- Develop DT’s internal systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs, including sharing best practices and lessons learned and creating programmatic toolkits;
- Systematically implement DT’s existing internal systems for administration and operations, as they relate to programmatic work;
- Develop a dissemination system to share organizational learning with relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, are evaluated and leveraged for maximum impact in current and future work; and
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Represent DT at all levels with new and potential clients, partners, and beneficiaries; and
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships with clients, partner organizations, and sub-contractors.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience, with at least 15 years of international development experience, including at least 3-5 years overseas and 10 years of management experience;
- Demonstrated leadership record and sound judgement in complex environments;
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth;
- Experience leading programmatic initiatives in a hands-on way, including managing budgets and achieving strategic objectives;
- Track record of effectively leading a competitive, performance and outcome-based portfolio and delivering quality programs;
- Extensive experience recruiting, managing, and developing a strong team of staff, program/project managers, and development professionals;
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously on tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate and in a persuasive, credible, and polished way in both writing and verbally;
- Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills; ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups of people;
- Experience in democracy and governance, civil-society, stabilization, and/or conflict-affected environment;
- Commitment to our corporate culture – a strong work ethic, team work, integrity, high standards, and attention to detail; and
- Willingness and ability to travel for two to four week periods in potentially austere or conflict-affected environments once per quarter.
*This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject title “DevTrans VP Programs.”
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.