seeks a vice president of operations who will serve as a member of the executive team. This strategic leader will be responsible for leading and integrating key operational functions within Panagora and will participate in organizational planning, continuous improvement, and implementation of collaborative strategies in the areas of international human resources, office operations, information technology, knowledge management, and corporate communications. The ideal candidate should have experience leading corporate operations within an international development for-profit firm, providing support and building a thriving infrastructure for a rapidly growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall direction, oversight, and implementation of operational activities in compliance with federal, state, local laws, and Panagora’s policies and procedures.
- Lead and integrate international human resources, office operations, information technology, knowledge management, and corporate communications in support of the company’s strategic vision.
- Serves as primary company interface with executive team, directors, and other leaders globally to optimize planning, resource allocation, and operational support.
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of functional support areas with accountability for accuracy and efficiency.
- Develop and effectively implement annual plans and budgets which define key performance indicators and long-term strategic objectives for the division and, as appropriate, periodically report results to the leadership team.
- Proactively plan and identify issues and risks related to staff security, company’s physical and information technology (IT) assets, and business continuity. Develop written policies, procedures, with appropriate adjustments, and build company awareness.
- Ensure domestic and international human resource management including recruitment, competitive compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and ensure automated processes are consistent, accurate, streamlined, and in accordance with relevant federal, state, and local requirements/regulations.
- Oversee management of company facilities and equipment, insurance policies, country registrations, technology requirements, and related knowledge management systems.
- Ensure internal and external communications are delivered appropriately and timely designed to inform and create favorable points of view among internal and external audiences and align with company mission and values.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate HR staff, communicating clear performance goals and standards, regular performance feedback and prompt resolution of problems, and opportunity to grow and develop in key competency areas.
- Advanced degree/MBA preferred, or equivalent business experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in operations for a USAID government contractor preferred.
- Experience in organizational development, human resources, administrative operations, facilities management, and information technology.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, accountability, and follow-through.
- Proven track record of strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen with broad understanding of international development industry.
- Proven ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement.
- Proven track record as a team leader with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills.
- Ability to express concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and identify and resolve problems effectively.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
Reports to: President & CEO
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.