Vice President, People
Full time located in Minneapolis, with Global Scope
We are on a journey of transformation and change. We are becoming a 21stCentury humanitarian organization. And more.
We’ve found that something incredible will result as long as we begin the journey with amazing people, agree on a destination and move together transparently and open to possibility. We are thrilled that you are interested in the Vice President, People position. To ensure we are setting you up for success from the very beginning we ask that you ask yourself, “Do I genuinely encompass the following traits?”
Generous | Flexible | Authentic | Co-creator | Passionate
Enthusiast about pushing the limits without breaking the structure
If so, read on!
As the Vice President of People you see a light in every employee in the organization and want to create an environment that gives that light space to shine and grow. You have a deep devotion to refugees and the people we serve. To best serve others you foster an atmosphere for employees that unleashes their generosity, creativity, and abundance.
Our organization has been rapidly transforming. Change is constant. We are looking for a leader, an advocate of the employee, a creator of invigorating environments. While we continue to be agents of change in the world we want our employees to feel undoubtedly supported by the organization so they can go out and do the do-able with confidence.
About the Role
- You are the organizational focal point of employee support, safety, well-being, and growth.
- You have a passion for creating environments that elevate those around you – this extends to those working in the most remote global programs.
- You strategically evaluate and improve ARC’s existing HR practices and policies, ensuring ARC is both marketplace competitive and a joyful place to work.
- You can manage complexity – serving the HR needs of ARC and several subsidiary organizations.
- You believe the values of ARC must be embraced by every member of our global staff. To do this you collaborate with your global HR team to ensure they have the strategy and resources necessary to recruit and retain top talent.
- You are a people and organizational advisor to the executive team
- You serve as a conscience and the safe guard to the organization. You listen to colleagues globally to ensure the organization is on track. You make certain all HR programs are compliant will all relevant laws and regulations.
- You understand that people are our most important asset. That being said, you are a guru at performance management, talent management, and workforce planning.
- You recognize that as the organization grows and adapts to the 21stcentury, rigid HR policies will often not work. You co-create with others to deliver seamless and flexible policies and systems that work for the organization and for teams worldwide
- You work alongside the global HR teams to provide guidance and ensure unity among initiatives.
- You know what you are doing and you are a beacon of light.
- You make the priorities of global staff – including refugee incentive workers - a priority in the organization. You will travel to the locations we work in and happily immerse yourself in their reality.
- Your leadership is tangible. It permeates through those you support and serve and elevates those around you.
- You don’t follow rules for rules’ sake. You question the status quo and the purpose of policies to ensure they are continuously relevant.
- You question the status quo to ensure complacency isn’t seeping in to the organization.
- You have an infectious enthusiasm for bringing joy and supporting those around you. That being said you have countless examples you can site from your previous work on how you’ve elevated the employee experience.
- You understand the nuances of global HR practices and with ease can work across different cultures.
- You work well with a lot of freedom and do your best work in a culture that does the doable with whatever resources we have.
- You deliver your work generously and take ownership of everything that lands in your lap.
Who We Are
American Refugee Committee is and always has been about amazing global citizens taking action to change our world. Today, we’re facing challenging global humanitarian crises that require 21st Century solutions. We’ve found that co-creating together with impassioned, dedicated people, limited only by their own imaginations, remains the key to designing new solutions that resonate. We still believe that ARC should exist, first and foremost, as a platform for realizing the goodwill of everyday people – people from Sweden to the Sudan, Minnesota to Mogadishu, Uganda to the U.S.
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place where you can unleash your creativity, leverage your experience and that of those around you, we invite you to join us. We expect and reward disruption, transcendence and change making.
Who you’ll work with
The staff and leadership of not only ARC but also a growing number of partner and subsidiary organizations
ARC’s dynamic and diverse team of over 2,000 professionals in 14 countries
Executive Team, Daniel Wordsworth – CEO and President | Mark White - CFO | Sarah Hartman - VP, Creative | John Griffith – Head of Global Operations | Curt Rhodes – Questscope Founder and International Director
Human Resource team - A hardworking global team of HR professionals working for ARC and subsidiary organizations.
Work in Minneapolis — We’re proud to work in a community as diverse as it is engaged – from Fortune500 companies to booming diaspora and immigrant communities, Minneapolis is a hub for innovation and change. Located in the historic Northeast neighborhood of Minneapolis, ARC is in close proximity to some of the best cultural venues (theatre, museums, music), restaurants, and shops in the state.
Health, dental, long-term disability, life and AD&D, MedEvac– We cover 100% of your health and 75% of your spouse/dependent’s health. We cover 100% of your and your spouse/dependent’s dental. We also pay 100% of the premiums for long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance for you.
Retirement – We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
Flexible Leave Time – Between vacation time, personal leave, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
If all of that sounds great, you should stop by our Career Page and watch the video.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.