The Vice President of Quality and Accountability (VPQA) manages cross-functional teams and senior management to deliver “Women and Girls First”, EngenderHealth’s strategic plan for 2020. The incumbent provides leadership in monitoring, evaluation, research, achievement of impact, quality improvement, and accountability to EngenderHealth’s advocacy, representation, and new business development activities. The ability to apply technical expertise, entrepreneurial thinking, persuasiveness, and capacity building methods are a highlight of the essential skills to be successful in this pivotal role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, prioritizing the development of innovative and evidence-based approaches to increase access to quality sexual and reproductive health services and ensure the centrality of women and girls’ rights in all that the organization does. Building internal and local stakeholder capacity to improve and sustain technical/clinical competence, and to articulate, measure, and document the broader socioeconomic benefits of increasing women’s and girl’s access to sexual and reproductive health services and supporting the realization of their rights. Guiding the development of comprehensive accountability and measurement strategies, policies and guidelines for advancing EngenderHealth’s mission at the global, country and local levels including guidance and direction to enhancing the organization’s measurable framework and research agenda. Providing advice and consultation to the President/CEO and Executive Team while performing a significant role in shaping the strategic agenda for EngenderHealth through contributions to organization’s impact and leadership. Representing EngenderHealth at conferences, working groups, and strategic partnership fora.
- Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s degree in public health, development economics or related discipline.
- 15 years of experience in international development and five (5) in a senior management level.
- 10 years of experience in family planning/sexual reproductive health and rights (FP/SRHR) services in at least one international region.
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Technical expertise in non-governmental organization (NGO) FP/SRHR service delivery programs (SDP) including:
- Maternity and STI/HIV services;
- Integration of rights-based and gender-sensitive programming and perspectives;
- Quality improvement systems/approaches in service delivery;
- Clinical quality assurance and training;
- Introduction of contraceptive and medical technologies;
- Voluntary family planning, informed choice and counseling; and
- Improving performance related to Provider needs, system, and implementation methologies.
- Leadership experience working with other technical advisors, experts, and host country staff from the public, private, and NGO sectors in the regions including USAID and donors (major bilateral and foundation).
- Designed public health initiatives in a global context.
- Performed qualitative and quantitative studies/research grounded in SDP.
- Led a virtually based team.
- Supervised direct reports with responsibility for performance, deliverables, and staffing.
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for donors.
- Supported proposal development.
- Directed and advanced a scientific and technical program agenda.
- Experience speaking and presenting publicly in front of small and large groups.
- Experience tailoring data collection approaches to intended audience, such as non-technical stakeholder or a country office’s specific needs, interests, and capabilities.
- Knowledge of local health systems, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to travel internationally approximately 30% of the time (equivalent to 15 weeks annual) to work with EngenderHealth’s field staff and partners.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts.
- Interpersonal skills to build credible relationships quickly.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Able to apply sound judgement in complex environments.
- Commitment to enhancing women and girls’ lives.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Designed and used mobile technologies and dashboards to strengthen data for decision-making.
- Fluency in French.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.