Vice President, Resource Development
World Vision US
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and a shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Vice President of Resource Development, you will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the World Vision US Resource Development business unit to ensure successful performance in the acquisition of funds, both private and public. A key focus will be ensuring growth in the U.S. government portfolio, specifically in development sectors that include education and child protection; food security, livelihoods and economic development; health, nutrition and WASH, and which ensure cross-cutting themes related to gender and social inclusion as well as faith in development are utilized to strengthen designs. This role will also support private fundraising teams to develop high-quality proposals to foundations, corporations and individual donors. Leveraging private and public resources will be key to your success. As a member of the International Programs Group Leadership Team, you will model collaborative, positive working behaviors that strengthen team cohesion and ensure strong organizational health while striving for strong results. Your ability to engage with donors and partners externally, promoting WV’s technical brand and our organizational strengths will be of key importance. In this leadership role, you will help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies and personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Advanced degree required in international relief and development or a specific sectoral area (e.g. health, livelihoods, education/child protection, etc.)
- Requires 10-15 years of senior-level leadership experience, preferably in a developing country with experience at an HQ level as well.
- Experience managing and leading large and complex teams within a complex organizational environment.
- Related professional work in fundraising, positioning, proposal development, customer service and organizational management related to international relief and development.
- Should have a highly developed understanding of different sectors within child-focused relief and development agencies, such as maternal and child health and nutrition; education and child protection; livelihoods and food security, etc.
- Must have strong relational and networking skills, a demonstrated ability to lead teams, proposal development skills and significant experience engaging with donors and fundraisers.
**POSITION MUST BE LOCATED IN WASHINGTON DC**
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 1 February 2019. For more information on World Vision US, please visit our website: www.worldvision.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.